Ole Miss at Texas -3
Tennessee’s not great, but the Vols aren’t awful either. Remember, Vandy almost pulled off the upset in last year’s season opener. The Commodores’ defense struggled with Ole Miss’s offense, but South Carolina doesn’t do anything fancy.
I believe that Louisville’s dominance is a bit of a myth.
3. The Longhorns won’t play that poorly again, but Ole Miss is much better offensively than BYU is. PT, and I’ll last through all these games. ET, ESPN
Can y’all finish strong? Come on, I’m up at 4:30 a.m. (The Vols were 30-point underdogs at Florida in the first year of the Lane Kiffin era).
That’s just too many points, I think.
I don’t think Cal will pull off the upset, but should the Buckeyes be a little bit nervous about this trip? I think so.
This week I’m going with the five biggest SEC games and then, to me, the second-best game of the weekend, which is Ole Miss at Texas.
I think Alabama will win this game something like 31-27. It’s 1620 on Comcast. But the Cardinals beat only two teams by more than 10 points last year. Toss in injuries for Texas on offense, and I really think Ole Miss could not just win this game but own it.
We had a little bit of a bounce-back performance last week with the picks, tallying a 4-2 record — including nailing all three big games. ET.
Why is this line hanging here?
I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen here. ET, ESPN2
Alabama -7.5 at Texas A&M
I told you, I think this game will be closer than expected. Alabama at Texas A&M, 3:30 p.m. They also lost to really bad/mediocre Syracuse and UConn teams.
This is the second-best game of the day, and most of us will struggle to find it on television.
We really don’t know much about either of these teams. Oregon will stack the line and dare Justin Worley to make plays. to 12 p.m. You might as well get used to typing in our station.
Vanderbilt at South Carolina -13.5
The game of the year. . Can he make many? I doubt it. Can you guys finish the night off with me? This is a huge game for both teams and both conferences here.
6. Not great, but not that bad either.
So without further ado, let’s see if I can make you guys some money again this week.
In Gus Malzahn I trust.
You all have FS1. games to be keeping tabs on.
5. Nothing more needs to be said.
Let’s roll, you degenerates.
You guys can start talking Twitter trash to me early if Louisville immediately jumps out to a three-touchdown lead.
That’s why I think the Vols cover even though Oregon wins by double digits.
4. Meanwhile, Gus Malzahn can start off his Auburn coaching career 3-0. But can he avoid complete disaster? I think so.
. This is way too many points for the Commodores to be giving up to South Carolina. That puts us at 8-6 through the first two weeks of the season. I’m taking Kentucky plus two touchdowns.
This is the second-largest line in the history of Tennessee football. Can Butch Jones keep it respectable, or is Oregon intent on sending a message that they can run up the score on SEC teams, too?
10. (Granted, one of those teams was Kentucky). Vandy at South Carolina, 7 p.m. Mississippi State at Auburn, 7 p.m. Wisconsin at Arizona State, 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
9. UCLA at Nebraska, noon ET, ABC
Because Vegas believes that the Louisville story is a bit of a myth. In the game of the year, A&M’s the bet.
Nearly two touchdowns is too many points here.
OK, here’s my viewer guide:
Ninety-five percent of all the money is on Louisville, and we’ve finally settled at two touchdowns.
The game that Tennessee fans will be watching while peeking through their fingers. ET, Longhorn Network
I think Ole Miss wins this game outright, and I thought this even before Texas went out and looked awful against BYU.
Even if most of y’all will be unable to watch this game on the Longhorn Network.
It’s worth keeping an eye on this one. Tennessee at Oregon, 3:30 p.m. Ohio State at California, 7 p.m. . This is one of several 7 p.m. ET, CBS
Mississippi State at Auburn -6
This will be the win that makes Hugh Freeze a household name among college football fans.
Mississippi State is not a good football team. I’m predicting a deep Freeze for Texas.
2. Getting A&M plus a touchdown is just too good to pass up here. Auburn isn’t a good football team yet, but I think by the time November rolls around they will be good.
Louisville -14 at Kentucky
Tennessee at Oregon -28
And if I’m wrong on this, you guys can call me a complete and total idiot.
I tweeted about the opening line early Sunday morning, Louisville -7.5, and by the time I landed back in Nashville, Tenn., the line had moved all the way to Louisville -13.5.
It’s hard to know which game will be the best.
But at -28?
I expect South Carolina to win this game, but I think Vandy will keep it close.
I’ve also included my viewer guide so that you can follow along with me all day long watching games.
1. First, Outkick told you that Louisville’s schedule is so weak that 26 different teams would be favored in every game. But it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Johnny Manziel makes a play or two to swing this in the other direction. Second, look at Louisville’s 2012 schedule. Ole Miss at Texas, 8 p.m. (Which happens every day anyway on Twitter, but still, I’ll deserve it for not picking Louisville to destroy a bad Kentucky team.)
8. Louisville at Kentucky, noon ET, ESPN
Hugh Freeze had to be delirious with joy when he watched that Texas defense against BYU. Both are equally likely.
If the rape trial and investigation weren’t hanging over Vandy’s football team, this would be my upset pick of the week. ET, ABC
So, drum roll . Start off with us on “FOX College Saturday” from 10 a.m. I tend to think Ole Miss and Vandy are both good teams, and I think we’ll find that out this weekend.
I’m going to admit something to y’all: This game terrifies me.
I would have taken Oregon at -20, where this line opened.
7. The defensive team speed is bad — and will doubtless be exposed — but Tennessee has one of the top offensive lines in the country. Yes, they put a whipping on Florida, which really launched Louisville as a “top 10 team” story. This is a massive game for Bulldogs coach Dan Mullen. Even with Mo Couch suspended on the defensive line, Tennessee has some decent weapons up front defensively. Doubt me? Ask Northwestern.
Nebraska will either win by three or lose by 30
Latest posts by jessicaszohr (see all)
- 16 Games Like Grand Theft Auto (GTA): Open World Games - March 25, 2017
- Negative Effects of Gambling - February 10, 2017
- Sports Betting Odds by Benered Fransisco - January 23, 2017